Friday, May 15, 2009

How...??

How does one get over hurting the one they love? How do you wake up and face a new day, knowing he's hurting because of what you have become? Where did the woman you once were go? How do you get her back? I don't know the answer to any of the questions, but I'd like to. My heart is broken, and I need to fix it. I'm scared. I'm scared that I have pushed him too far away to get him back. I don't know where to even begin to fix things. Seems things have been broken for so long, I never even saw it. I don't like being blindsided. but I have been, and now I need to learn how to deal with it, then work on fixing it. I just need to take the first step. The first step is always the hardest. The first step, in my mind, means you have failed. Maybe I have taken the first step, because I sure do feel like a failure. I've failed my husband, I've failed my kids, I've failed myself. If you are reading this, take note, Dawn sucks, don't let her fool you into thinking otherwise. A stranger on the outside would never know, but the feelings and thoughts inside of me are tormenting me, making me hate myself even more than I normally do. I just want to go back to a happy place. A time where my thoughts were filled with laughter. A time where love ruled and nothing bad could get me. I want to go back to the day I fell in love and keep those feelings on the surface for all to see. I want to go back to being carefree, innocent, protected from life's harsh realities. I want the weight of the world off my shoulders, I want the thoughts, the despair, to disappear from my life. I want to be me again.

2 comments:

  1. If you didn't visit the valleys, you'd never appreciate the mountain tops for their awesomeness.

    I'm sorry you are hurting right now Dawn.

    By the way, Dawn does not suck. She is human, though. (and being human sometimes sucks!)

    Hugs and prayers coming your way.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Sarah! Dawn does not suck!!
    Anywho u need to stop blaming urself u seriously do. Anywho this is all im going to say other than I love you for WHO U R!!!
    and big big Hugs!!!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete